Our 2030 goal
We’re developing sustainable operations and product and service solutions for our customers and suppliers.
reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions since 2019/20
of total waste was recycled in 2022/23
reduction in packaging intensity since 2019/20
Why it's important
How can the global industrial market advance sustainability and tackle climate change? Only by working together. We’re a critical connector in this ecosystem.
By developing a cleaner and greener distribution model and by providing sustainable products and service solutions for our customers, we can make a real and lasting impact.
Committed to net zero by 2030
- Carbon: Be net zero with a science-based target to reduce absolute emissions from our own operations by 75%1
- Packaging: Make our packaging more sustainable – reduce intensity by 30%1, with 100% of packaging widely reusable or recyclable and made with 50% recycled content
- Waste: Reduce, reuse and recycle our waste – reduce intensity by 50%1, recycle more than 95% and achieve zero waste to landfill in our direct operations
Working towards net zero by 2050
- Transport: Reduce Scope 3 transport emissions by 25% per tonne of product sold1
- Products and solutions: Develop innovative and sustainable product and service solutions for all our customers, including offering 100,000 Better World products by 2024/25
- Supplier carbon: Engage 67% of suppliers by spend to set SBTs by 2025
1 All targets are by 2029/30 from 2019/20
Additional 2030 ESG action areas
Championing education and innovation
Partnering with education providers, building skills and fostering innovative solutions that improve lives.
Empowering our people
Creating a safe, inclusive and dynamic culture where everyone can thrive and grow.
Doing business responsibly
We are taking action to ensure the highest ethical and environmental standards throughout our business and global value chain.